Castor oil is made from pressing the seeds of the castor plant called castor beans (actually seeds) and these plants are primarily found in the Mediterranean, Africa and India. It contains high amounts of protein which keeps hair strong. It’s also known for its anti-fungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which keep hair healthy and hydrated.
- Castor oil consists of up to 90% ricinoleic fatty acids.
- A study found that ricinoleic acids helped hair grow back in men who exhibited male pattern baldness.
- According to Jaimineey Patel, Head of Training at Blink Brow Bar, the ricinoleic acids in castor oil are great for combating damaged lashes and keeping them moisturized and conditioned."
- It stimulates blood circulation which is vital for new growth.
- Though castor oil doesn't increase hair growth from the follicle, it improves the health and condition of the hair so that it doesn't break before reaching a certain length.
- It has a high absorption rate.
- Deeply moisturizes skin without clogging pores.