How to Repair Damaged Hair While on a Budget
If you're like me, you like to experiment with your hair. I have dyed my hair black, red, blonde and everything in-between more times than I can count and have suffered the consequences.
Split ends? Hair that's impossible to detangle? Yes, yes, and yes.
Many of the products I found that claimed to repair extreme hair damage contained a lot of chemicals and were way out of my budget.
After doing a bit of research online, I learned that many people were using argan and coconut oils as a natural, cheap solution.
A little history: For centuries, men and women have used essential oils to nourish and repair their hair. And many experts agree, natural is the best way to go.
Here are some essential oils that experts recommend for dry hair:
- Almond oil soothes and moisturizes the scalp
- Cedarwood oil stimulates the scalp and promotes hair growth
- Chamomile oil adds shine and softness to hair, and soothes the scalp
- Clary sage oil promotes hair growth and stimulates the scalp
- Coconut oilsoftens hair and increases shine
- Geranium oil strengthens hair
- Jojoba oil moisturizes the hair, adds nutrients, and stimulates the scalp
- Lavender oil deep conditions the hair, keeps it shiny, and helps control dandruff
- Moroccan argan oil moisturizes, nourishes, and provides antioxidants to hair
- Rosemary oil stimulates the roots, improves hair growth, and increases circulation in the scalp
- Sandalwood oil helps with dry ends, and adds fragrance to the hair
- Tea tree oil helps unclog hair follicles and nourishes your roots without over-drying
I experimented with different amounts of various oils and found the perfect mix of jojoba oil, almond oil, argan oil, lavender oil, and tea tree oil. This essential oil mixture took my hair from a damaged mess to shiny and healthy.
The best option to damaged hair is to use our repair oil and repair balm which uses many of the oils listed above. Using our repair oil after a shower or whenever you need to apply it will help get rid of those flakes and repair damaged ends. Our balm has the same powerful effects but will also help condition for longer and you can style your beard to your desire as well.
Our products are formulated for any type of hair including beards.
So, whether you are bald and bearded or have long hair and no beard, you'll be covered.
Beard and Company's products are formulated with premium organic essential oils, coconut oil, shea butters, and beeswax sourced from our trusted partners here in the USA. Our shampoos and conditioners are certified organic and are free of sulfates and parabens.
Our hair and beard growth products are formulated with natural ingredients proven to reduce inflammation, treat dry skin and dandruff, and increase growth such as castor oil, tamanu oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, almond oil, and tea tree oil.
Beard and Company's products are handmade to ensure the freshest quality and usually ship within 24 hours of purchase via USPS with tracking for orders in the United States and USPS Priority Mail International for orders outside the U.S.
Beard and Company is protected with the highest 256-bit encryption to keep communications between your browser and our servers private and secure. We do not store your credit card information.
No-worries guarantee and refund policy.
The Best Beard Puns and Jokes that Really Grow on YouGrowing a beard is no funny business but once you have those luscious locks of lovely facial hair …Mar 31st 2023
The Ultimate Guide to Halloween Costumes for Guys with BeardsCan you believe it's autumn already? Before you know it, the leaves will turn shades of yellow …Aug 25th 2021
Beard Oil or Beard Balm? The Differences & Why You Need BothThere is a time and place for everything and that is also the case with beard care products. Actu …Aug 1st 2021